American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists
General Membership Meeting
ACCO Board Meeting Minutes Annual Convention April 28th, 2023
1. Call to order: Meeting was called to order by Jon Dominique at 12:59
2. Motion to Approve Minutes: Motion made by Joe Ferstl and 2nd by Tom Mack
3. Treasures report given by Jon Dominique: Approximately $32,000 General Fund, $64,000 Lipe Fund, and $36,000 Mutual Fund. Motion to approve made by Mike Raper and 2nd by Jim Vancho
4. Approval of Board members to stay as is: Jon Dominique, President, David Swensen, Treasure, and Tim Smykal, Secretary. Motion to approve made by Jim Lehman and 2nd by Bill Bailey.
5. Motion to Adjourn: 1:01 EST, 1st by Tim Odom and 2nd by Steven Baron
6. Other: 12:25pm EST-
Jon Dominique started with Thanking Deanna O’Dwyer-Swensen for running Zoom and Joe Ferstl for putting everything together with the hotel, food, etc.
Vendors spoke and talked about their product.
Rob McKnight, ACA CCO President, spoke asking for volunteers and about the Medicare Modernization Act and asking us to support and get the word out. Information on ACA website ACAtoday.org.
Utah first state expanding practice for chiropractors who are board certified.
Roger Russell, President of IANM, spoke about Maintenance of Credentials (MOC) and information about DIANM and their role. Per Board—DABCO is grandfathered in to continue to use or switch to DIANM which is preferred. 12 hrs of CEU needed to maintain DABCO/IANM.
Jon Dominique presented: 2023 Chiropractic Orthopedist of the year to Jim Lehman and 2023 Presidents Award to Jim Vancho.